We have exactly 41 days left until the end of the year, and another decade!
There is one camp that is scrambling. They are working hard to hit their end of year business goals. They might be rushing around getting ready for the holidays. These Energizer bunnies will be hustling to the last day of the year.
And there is another group of Energizer bunnies that are starting to take the batteries out. They are slowing down. Maybe they have the mindset that 2020 is a new year and a new decade, and they will get started again next year. Perhaps they are intentionally unplugging so they can enjoy the festivities and family activities that come with the holiday season.
Which group are you in? Or are you somewhere in between?
There is no right or wrong group to be in, as long as you are making conscious and intentional choices about how you spend these last 41 days.
- Did you reach your business goals for 2019?
- Have you created your vision for 2020?
- Are there projects you absolutely need to finish before the New Year comes?
- How do you want to spend your holiday season?
- Are you giving yourself permission to unplug completely from your business for any period of time?
- How important is it to you to be present with family and friends during this season?
- What is your heart, soul, and body telling you about your need to keep hustling or slow down?
For me, I have one foot in the hustling camp and one foot in the slow down camp. I have reached all my 2019 business goals, except for one. I do have some client projects that will keep me busy until the end of the year.
At the same time, I have some travel scheduled mid-December to see my family. I want to be completely present and enjoy their company. I want to support my grieving spouse as this is the first year without her mother. The holidays always make grieving more intense. My son is turning 18 this month and that is a big deal! He is now considered an adult, eligible to vote! These are all important events I want to savor.
I want to start the New Year fresh and rested. This will require me to slow down and unplug, mentally, emotionally, and physically. But I also want to be ready to kick off the New Year with a bang!
How about you? Are you ready for 2020? Is your 1st quarter plan in place? If not, I’d love to help you get there. In my breakthrough strategy session, you will receive:
- A deep dive tool to help you evaluate 2019 and start planning for 2020
- A guide that walks you through looking at all your processes, software, and mindsets required to reach your 2020 goals
- A 90-minute strategy session with me
- A detailed 90-Day Action Plan
- A 30-minute review session with me to go over your plan and help you connect with the resources you will need to execute your plan
Yes, I am ready to book my Breakthrough Strategy Session with You!
Lori Young is a certified OBM, certified business coach and founder of Amazing OBM. We work with heart-centered entrepreneurs to support their business growth by managing their daily operations and digital marketing. To learn more, visit www.amazingobm.com.
The End of Year Conundrum – Keep Hustling or Slow Down?
November 19, 2019