You’re launching a valuable offer online. You think it’s time to select the best tools to help you make your launch successful. You open your browser and pop the question to Google. And up come a bajillion links to the numerous tools you can use for a profitable launch. Which leads to more links about said tools, their reviews, pros and cons, and more. And pretty soon you go down the internet rabbit hole trying to figure out the best tools to use for your launch.
Well, if you’re reading this right now, hurray! You’ve just saved yourself a ton of time.
As a boutique marketing agency for coaches, thought leaders, and course creators, we’ve strategized and executed many successful launches. As a result, we’ve not only researched the best tools to use for a profitable launch, we have ACTUALLY used them. And, after some trial and error, we’ve come up with a list of great launch tools for you. If used well, these tools will definitely make your launch a breeze.
Let’s dive into the 7 best tools to use for a profitable launch
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #1: Project management tools
We know that planning and executing a launch comes with a bunch of small and big tasks. And we need to keep track of said tasks. With the right project management tool, you can plan and organize your launch schedule in advance, set due dates and deliverables, keep track of each task and stay on top of things. All in one place. Never worry about missing important details again. Some of the best project management tools for a profitable launch are:
- Asana: It has everything needed for project management including file storage, time tracking, and the option to simplify your workflow using automation. It has strong task management and collaboration features. If your style of project organization software matches well with Asana, you’ll love it. It has both free and paid options.
- Trello: You can use the boards, lists, and cards in Trello to create tasks and stay organized. You can also collaborate with other users, share files and leave comments within the cards. It doesn’t have a time tracking feature though. It has both free and paid options.
- ClickUp: Our favorite at AmazingOBM, we use it to manage all our launches. It has everything needed to take a launch from start to finish. Including a timer, reminders, chat features, resource management, spreadsheets, and more. It also has templated workflows if you don’t want to make your own. And the price ranges from free to as little as $5/month
- Teamwork: It’s a customizable platform that helps create tasks and projects, upload files, and add comments. Great if you’re working with your own launch team. It has both free and paid versions.
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #2: Social Media Management Tools
For any launch to be successful you need to let people know about it. And the best way to do so — use social media. You can plan and schedule your content in advance on social media and then focus only on engagement and other launch details. Whether it’s Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, or TikTok, here are some tools that’ll help you manage and analyze your social media posts.
- Hootsuite: It’s an all-in-one platform that allows you to curate and schedule content, measure your social return on investment, run social media ads, and more across multiple platforms. It has a free plan for up to 2 social channels.
- Later: Later focuses mainly on Instagram. Although you can connect with other platforms too. It has a visual content calendar, where you can easily drag-and-drop images to schedule them. You can also see how your Instagram grid will look BEFORE you publish your posts. It has both free and paid versions.
- SmarterQueue: You can ditch those content planning spreadsheets and actually categorize your content by content types within SmarterQueue. Something that other social media platforms don’t offer. It starts from $16.99/month.
- Buffer: Buffer is a clean, intuitive, streamlined social media management platform with a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. It has a free plan for up to 3 Social Media channels.
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #3: Design Tools
Whether it’s designing graphics for your social media posts, looking for inspirational images, creating a sales page for your offer, or making mockups of your offer, visual design is an integral part of any launch. Especially if you want to convey a sense of cohesiveness to your brand and earn the trust of your ideal clients. Thankfully, there are some tools that make it super easy to get a handle on the design part of your launch.
- Canva: With its drag-and-drop feature, Canva is super easy to use and has an amazing library of templates, elements, photos, videos, and more. You can use it to design, share and print social media posts, branded graphics, stickers, presentations and so much more. We’re not exaggerating when we say it’s your digital design bestie.
- WordPress and Kajabi: Both of these are good platforms to use if you want to create and sell your offer online. They’re great if you want to design your website and sales pages. WordPress has a very broad focus and can be used for any online business or service whereas Kajabi is highly focused on course creators and includes a well-rounded suite of tools for business marketing. It’s also easier to use than WordPress.
- Shutterstock, Unsplash, and Pixabay: Good photos are essential for grabbing attention and getting your message across. And that’s where these three websites come in. Name a picture or a video you need and you’ll probably find it here. You can use Unsplash or Pixabay and get these photos for free or pay for a wider range of choices on Shutterstock.
- Creative Market: With over 250,000 purchasable items, Creative Market sells graphics, WordPress themes, stock photography, and other digital goods for use. You can also find various mockups for your offer here. Very useful if you want to display printables or some product mockup to your potential clients.
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #4: Email marketing tools
You know when they say you don’t own your audience on social media? That they can be taken from you any moment? Unfortunately, they’re right. So if you want something that’s easy to manage, gives you full control, and allows you to establish direct contact with your customers, email marketing is the way to go. The best part — you OWN all the content you produce. But a lot of success with email marketing largely depends on the email marketing software you choose. Here are our suggestions:
- Active Campaign: Hands down our favorite! In fact, we chose to replace MailChimp with ActiveCampaign because we were ready for something more robust to handle not only our email marketing, but so much more. Want to see for yourself why ActiveCampaign is a great choice? Check out this post.
If you just want to put some feelers out and are not ready to pay the requisite $9/month for ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit and MailerLite are some other great email marketing tools you can use. Both of them are free for up to 1000 subscribers. And have features similar to ActiveCampaign.
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #5: Team communication tools
Let’s face it, planning and executing a successful and profitable launch without a hitch takes an army. Or at least a team of qualified people who want this launch to succeed as much as you do and are willing to use their talents to work on it in an organized manner. (Like us 😉). And this requires seamless communication with each other. Yes, most of the project management tools have message boards and chat features for projects and tasks. And you can always communicate over social media or WhatsApp or email. But it doesn’t hurt to have other tools to communicate outside that. Tools like:
- Slack: It’s a great tool to communicate with team members and your community (plus potential customers) both one on one and in a group setting. It’s faster, better organized, and more secure than email. And you can form your own channels and determine who has access to it. For example, there can be a team channel, a promotions channel, a community channel, and so on. You can also share documents and set up meetings.
- Voxer: Say you simply have to drop a quick one-on-one message or a voice note to someone. You can definitely do that through social media chat features or even WhatsApp. But you’re someone who wants to keep your personal and professional lives separate. Thanks to Voxer, you can do just that. It’s a nifty Walkie Talkie messaging app with live voice, text, photo, and location sharing. Super useful for quick conversations.
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #6: Document organization tools:
If you have a team you’ll definitely need a place to share and store documents and data.
Our best (and free!) choice to do so is Google Drive. On top of helping you create, edit, store, and share a variety of documents with other people, it also acts as a great organizational tool. You can create folders (and sub-folders!) in Google Drive and organize the documents in a way that suits your workflow.
A similar alternative to google drive is Dropbox. It’s a great way to ensure your work is automatically backed up online and synchronized across all your devices. And if you want to organize these documents even further, you can always create a spreadsheet in Airtable and integrate your documents with it.
Best tools to use for a profitable launch #7: A team to bring it all together
Let’s talk some more about why you need your very own launch team. As we said before, planning and executing a successful and profitable launch involves a lot more than creating the perfect product and promoting it. A successful launch requires a launch strategy, good copy to draw your ideal customers in, cohesive design that speaks to your ideal audience and reflects your brand, an engagement strategy, management so that the execution is on time, and so much more. Yes, you can probably do it alone if you have a huge amount of time and the skills to go with it. But if you want to hit the ground running and not go insane in the process, a team is the way to go.
You can either select each member of your team to work with you (which is a difficult process in itself requiring a lot of time, patience, and commitment) or, work with a qualified team especially trained to support your launch. A team like us. (Did you really think we would mention anyone else here?)
We thrive on working with YOU – heart-centered, purpose-driven, and growth-oriented entrepreneurs. Your story and your expertise are life-changing for your audience, and we believe in the importance of your work in the world.
Let us focus on the marketing strategy and making sure that your expertise and brand reach your ideal audience while you focus on your zone of genius.
If you’re ready to launch a program, course, or a service feel free to schedule a 30-minute free consultation to discuss your idea with Amazing OBM. We look forward to learning more about you and your offer.
The 7 Best Tools to Use for a Profitable Launch
June 22, 2021