Blog posts drive traffic to your website and landing pages, and get eyeballs on your offer or services. Blog posts give Google a reason to point people to your site AND they give these people a reason to continue returning to your site once they’ve found it. So it’s natural to want to increase traffic to blogs. And for that, you need to know how to write a blog to increase traffic.
Below are 10 ways to write a blog to increase traffic to your brand and website.
1. Write for humans
If you have been in the game for a while, you’ve probably heard about SEO, keyword optimization, and all the rest of the techy things you need to do to get traffic. While that is important, your number one priority should be writing for actual human beings. That means you need to write content that people actually need or want to read.
That includes writing a blog post that is informative, entertaining, or valuable. You need to ask if it solves a problem for your ideal audience, teaches them something, or gives them something of value. Because if they won’t even read your content, how will you convert them?
2. Always remember who you are writing for
When writing for humans, ensure you don’t write for the wrong one. You will not be everyone’s cup of tea. And that’s okay. That’s why you need to make sure that what you do write is useful for the people your content is geared towards.
Knowing how they talk, the phrases they use, and the trends they follow, help you create a connection with your audience. Your target readers are more likely to know, like, and trust you if you sound like one of them.
3. Don’t forget the machines
Once you have written a blog post, keeping your ideal client in mind, you can start thinking about how to ensure that your blog post is ranked by Google. For that, you need to optimize your blog post for SEO by:
- Using the right keywords: Keywords are what your reader types in the search bar (of Google or other search engines) when they are looking for information. And since this is an important topic, we have devoted a separate paragraph in this blog post to it.
- Incorporating the right keywords in the right places: like the title and the first paragraph of your blog post, some of the headers, and meta description.
- Including links: These links should be both internal (leading to other pages of your blog/website) and external (leading to relevant content on other websites)
4. Use the right keywords
You already know why it’s a good idea to include specific keywords and phrases your target readers are searching for when you write a blog to increase traffic. So let’s just dive straight into how you can do that:
- Choose one word/phrase as the primary keyword and build your content around it. (i.e. our key phrase for this blog is “blog to increase traffic”)
- Try to use keywords with phrases in them instead of single words.
- Use a bunch of words related to your primary keyword. If you have written your blog post for your ideal human, chances are you have already included these words automatically when writing the blog.
5. It’s all in the title
When someone lands on your blog, your title should be interesting enough to make them want to read what’s written inside. For that, your title needs to be catchy and create curiosity. Or your title should tell people exactly what they should expect inside.
We have found that titles with numbers and how-tos generally work well. So do titles with big promises. Like, ‘One sure-fire way to write a blog for increased traffic’
Although, if you do make any big promises in the title or headline, make sure the content of your blog lives up to that promise.
6. When you write a blog to increase traffic, don’t forget your brand personality
When a brand has a personality, it makes them more memorable. Remember this while you write your blog for traffic.
“Brand personality refers to the human characteristics, emotions, and attributes embodied by a brand” – Medium
Your brand personality should be geared to vibe with your ideal human. SO that when you write with your brand personality in mind, your audience will remember, like, and value your blog post more.
7. Strategy and structure are important when you write a blog to increase traffic
When your blog post is structured for ease of reading; people stay on your website longer, generally read the entire post, and recommend it to others who may need it. Here’s a helpful post on how to structure your blog post.
What do you want your reader to do once they’ve read your blog post? How do you want them to feel? What action do you want them to take? That’s where the strategy for your blog post comes into play.
8. Include your lead magnet
When people come to your blog looking for information or advice or to learn something, they will normally welcome additional information. This is a golden opportunity for you to promote what you have to offer. Or at the very least promote your freebie. Especially if it’s related to the blog post. You can do that by embedding a promotional link to your lead magnet at the end of your blog. Like we did in this post.
9. Keep it simple
People will stay longer on your blog when the content is simple and easy to follow. This includes:
- Shorter, less complex sentences and paragraphs
- Using bullets and numbering where necessary
- Using active voice
- Keeping the readability of your blog level to your audience’s reading skills.
- Words that everyone can understand
10. Consistency is key while writing a blog to increase traffic
It’s normal to get blocked on what to write or to get busy with other tasks, but if you want your blog to continually drive new (and repeat) traffic to your site and ultimately convert for your business, you have to give your audience new content on a regular basis.
“I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
Need someone to consistently write human and SEO focused blog posts to drive traffic to your offer? Get in touch or schedule a complimentary 30-minute session to chat with us! With a talented team of writers, designers, launch managers, and marketing strategists, AOBM is your one-stop shop for all your digital marketing and content creation needs.
How to Write a Blog to Increase Traffic
September 6, 2022
Be the first to comment