This morning I received this notice from my client, Dori Mages. I have been her OBM for almost two years now. Tears welled in my eyes, as I reflected on the journey we’ve been through together. I felt a sense of pride for her, and all that she has accomplished. It’s been a ride of ups and downs as we navigate our way through scaling her practice. We have learned, laughed, shared our frustrations, and come out triumphant. We have become true partners, friends and supporters of one another in business and life.
Please allow this story to be a source of inspiration for what you can accomplish in your business. And help me celebrate this rockstar client of mine! A heart of gold and hustle…
Today was a nostalgic day! I love celebrating this day!
I think back to the first 10’x10′ room I rented when I began the practice. And…
- The table I bought (that is still in my office) where I could do work with the kids and teens and know whatever fun mess we make could be cleaned easily and stress-free (one of my first business decisions)
- The vision I had to create a work environment where I wanted to work: clients come to us because they know our reputation and know we can help.
- A calm, inviting workspace with growing resources where our staff can continuously learn from each other and bounce ideas off each other.
- Work/life balance where therapists are hired because they do great work and are trusted to complete their tasks without having to clock in and out and “look busy” if you aren’t seeing clients
- Staff who trust that their boss and the company culture will support their best interest at heart and will meet their needs and their clients’ needs
- Staff who want to do trainings, speaking events, and try out new ideas will be encouraged
- A work hard/play hard environment, including sizable bonuses for doing the work we love, unlimited paid time off if requirements and expectations are met, CEU stipends for learning, benefits, and employees, not independent contractors, so staff aren’t hit with a big tax fee on a regular basis
- A supportive environment where we all learn from each other every day
- A fun environment where the stress of our jobs is just one area that bonds us. A place where staff can share a bit of their personal lives with one another for support, encouragement, and guidance. We can also gently tease one another about our quirks and our fun expressions
- A culture we’ve created where we only hire and retain staff who exemplify our 10 culture goals.
In those 7 years, we have hired 20 full-time employees, 8 part-time employees, and have grown to 4 office locations!
Thank you all for being a part of this journey! Looking forward to the next 7 years and beyond!
Client Spotlight: Dori Mages is Celebrating 7 Years in Business
September 13, 2019