Goodbye 2019. I’m sorry to say that I’m breaking up with you.
I have a new love. Her name is 2020!
We had a good ride, but I’m happy to say it’s over…
Like all relationships in life, we had good times and bad.
I want to thank you for the good…
- Together we can celebrate that I reached my goal of building a 6-figure business. I always wondered if I had it in me to do, and I proved to myself that I can. Which means I have proven my business model and I can go beyond.
- I was blessed with working for some amazing clients this year. One, in particular, however, was a gift you brought me. She is a healer and her peaceful nature is an inspiration to me. As I teach her how to grow a business, she teaches me how to bring health, balance, and well-being to my life. She walks her talk and I find myself striving to be more like her. All my clients have brought laughter, learning, and love to my life, and I am grateful for that.
- If it wasn’t for the amazing team I had this year, I would not be where I am today. Never in a million years could I have reached my goals and serviced my clients without them. They have provided unconditional and unwavering support to my business. I have gained friendships with them. Together we leaned on each other to get through business and life challenges. Thank you for sending them to me.
- Sometimes in business, we keep our “competition” at a healthy distance. Not in the virtual support community. We support each other in every way. I have so many OBMs, VAs, and virtual support professionals that cheered with me, cried with me, and encouraged me to get back up when I had temporarily fallen down. And likewise, I have been a source of support for them. I spent six months with a wonderful group of women in OBM Mastery. And I have met so many other wonderful women all over the world, all because of the power of online business. #grateful
- My spouse and my mother have been my rocks. Both of them with their entrepreneurial background, they have been a source of wisdom for me. My mother has been my prayer warrior and her prayers are a big reason for my success. My spouse and I have tipped our glasses to every new client I got. She listened to every emotion that comes from being a business owner – good and bad. She supported every business decision I made, having a steady faith in my ability to succeed.
I will always be grateful for all you gave me this year. And, to be honest, I am kind of over you. You threatened to take me down, but I don’t think you realize how strong I am…
🙁 You thought you would test me by throwing in this new California AB5 law in the fourth quarter of 2019! I guess you wanted to see if I would rise, or cave in and go back to the corporate world. Trust me, I thought about it for a minute. Yes, you threw me into a state of anxiety and fear. You made me question whether or not I had the strength to overcome this obstacle. You probably wondered if I was smart enough to adapt. While there are 600 businesses per month leaving the state of California, I will not be one of them! I think you forgot I am a savvy business owner and I will rise, restructure, and prove to you that 2020 will be a much better option for me.
🙁 Yes, I am losing clients and team members because of this law and I am angry at you 2019! But I rarely stay angry for long. Instead, I start taking action and moving forward. I create my own happiness and success. I will rebuild my client base and my team – just watch!
🙁 I can’t even count all the loved ones you took from me and my spouse this year. I am asking myself, “Is 2019 the year for death?” But the most important person you took was my mother-in-law. You took a big piece of my spouse’s heart and soul. And that means you took a big piece of my heart and soul too. 2019, you have made this year one of the most challenging years of our marriage. Despite the pain and grief, we have continued to move through with grace, love, understanding, and patience.
I cannot wait for my love affair with 2020! I have so much planned for us!
- My youngest son will graduate from high school and move onto college. Although I know I will grieve his loss and the idea of being an empty nester, I will choose to celebrate one of the greatest accomplishments of my life. Raising two great and independent young men!
- We are going to move to our final destination in sunny San Diego! I am envisioning our dream home together and setting up our lives as a couple, living the “adult” freedom we long for. Travel, meeting new friends, taking up a hobby, whatever empty nesters do. And the best part is my business will move with me because I live the laptop lifestyle.
- I am restructuring my business to have the dream biz I’ve always wanted. You know when you have a passion for something and it doesn’t even feel like work? That’s what it feels like for me when I am involved in digital marketing. So I will build my digital marketing agency that serves heart-centered entrepreneurs. It won’t be radically different from what I do now, but it will include more of what I absolutely love.
- I have a fun conference planned for March – one of the largest digital marketing conferences in the world. I can’t wait to learn and grow and pour myself into new strategies I can use to help my clients’ businesses grow.
- I will commit on an even deeper level to my overall health and well-being. Maybe I will take up crystal meditation (thanks to my client’s inspiration). I will practice more balance, more fun, and more healthy choices in my life.
- I will open myself up to all the possibilities that 2020 has to offer me, my family and my business. I will say yes to only things that feel authentic to me. I will do more of what is important to me. I will thrive.
So goodbye 2019. Thank you for everything.
2020! Let’s do this!!
A Letter to 2019
December 30, 2019