The role of the Online Business Manager (OBM) boils down to one simple thing – to free you (the business owner) so that you can focus your time and energy on the things that only YOU can do in your business. You may be familiar with what an OBM is. But are you familiar with what a game-changer it can be to work with one for your business? Here are 5 surprising ways an online business manager can support your business while freeing up your time. So that you can step into your CEO role.
1. Manage your launches and other projects (This is one of the most important ways an online business manager can support your business)
As a business owner, you already have a lot on your plate. And the only way you’ll be able to take on more is to get some things off your plate. Like managing (or performing) day-to-day business activities, or doing every little thing for a launch. Here are some of the many things an OBM can take off your plate:
- Set up a project plan or a launch plan
- Help you execute said plan
- Keep track of deadlines and various tasks needed to get a launch or a project off the ground and become successful
- Help manage resources (like time, team members, technology, project management software, and more) needed to execute the launch/project successfully
- Managing the budget for the launch
- Find solutions to challenges that arise during the launch
They can also help you with other projects like:
- Setting up technical platforms like client portals
- Managing new client onboarding
- Course reviews and set-ups
- Manage the production and completion of different revenue streams
And a lot more..
Speaking of launches…make sure you check out our brand new course “10 Components of a Successful Heart-Centered Launch”. It will be a game changer when planning your next launch.
2. Hire and manage your team
Any successful business owner knows that, after a point, if you want to grow and scale, you need a team to help you. Pretty soon, the time you saved by delegating tasks is replaced by the time you spend managing and training the new team members. Leaving you unable to take on new responsibilities that help you grow your business.
Sometimes, an OBM agency (like AmazingOBM) comes in with a team of trained specialists to help you with different aspects of your business. Like strategy, launch, marketing, and operations. Leaving you to focus on your zone of genius.
If you have your own team, an OBM can help you manage that team by:
- Staying on top of team member roles and responsibilities
- Communicating and following up on deadlines
- Managing conflicting schedules and handling team challenges
- Handling team reviews, budgets, and expenses
- Motivating and leading the team to successfully complete a project
- Becoming the liaison between you and your team so that you have one point of contact instead of many and can still stay on top of everything
They can even help you train and build the right team by:
- Identifying what(or who) your team needs
- Using their extensive network to find the right person for the job
- Conducting the entire interview process for a new team member
- Creating the right contracts, SOPs, and training materials for a smooth transition to the team
- Analyzing how well they fit in the role and with the rest of the team
- And so much more
3. One of the ways an online business manager can support your business is by being your strategic right hand
Just like a Business Manager of a brick and mortar business, an OBM can help you grow and scale your business by providing you with the right marketing or operational strategy. Just consider us online business managers as strategists with awesome tech knowledge! An OBM can help you:
- Identify the gaps in your marketing and operations and devise a plan on how to fill them.
- Give you clear direction on your business goals and how to implement the next steps. Like our 90-day launch plan or our accountability and coaching sessions!
- Position your offer in the market
- Analyze your business goals and needs and come up with a strategy to meet them
- Identify your ideal customers and create a plan to reach them
- Figure out what operations are slowing your biz down and develop a plan and strategy to troubleshoot them
- Create social media and digital marketing strategy (with copy and design if necessary) to promote your offers, position your brand, and establish you as a leader in your niche.
Some OBMs (like AOBM) can also help you strategize and build high-converting funnels to bring the right kind of customer to you.
4. Design and document streamlined processes
As a business owner, there are certain tasks and processes you do again and again. Sometimes with minor modifications. An OBM can identify these processes and document them. They can also streamline them or design new processes based on your business operations and needs. To do that they often use a project management tool like ClickUp or Asana to automate the process as much as possible. Thus helping you save time. They do this by:
- Reviewing where a business owner spends their time
- Identifying repeating tasks and processes
- Creating templates and automated responses so the business owner or team members don’t have to think afresh every time a similar task comes up.
- Anticipating the flow of tasks based on your monthly/yearly goals and creating systems and processes for the same
5. Strategy, implementation, and planning are not the only ways an online business manager can support your business. An OBM can also analyze metrics and other KPI’s in the business
Analyzing KPIs and metrics help you understand what strategy, plan, and process is working and what is not. They also give you key insights to make the right decision at the right time, keep your operations on schedule, and help you tweak your marketing strategy if necessary. An OBM will keep track of these metrics and KPIs and set up a reporting system that includes what to track. They’ll also analyze these metrics and discuss them with you, showing you patterns, trends, and the right way to move forward in your business.
If you’re looking for a talented, trustworthy OBM and team that’ll help you scale and manage your business with ease, get in touch! Our team of experts is ready to support you with marketing and online business management help. All you need to do is schedule a free 30 min consultation. I’ll be happy to get to know you and your business and figure out a way to help you reach your goals.
5 Surprising Ways an OBM can Support Your Business
November 23, 2021