If you’ve studied any amount of internet marketing or visited the website of an online business, you know what the free offer is:
- What does it really take to run a business that runs itself, so you make more and work less? This free kit will show you how.
- For starters, discover the Abundance Mindset 4×4… Get it Now!
- Free Swipe File. 3 Ready to Go Email Templates to Open Doors and Win Corporate Clients.
The Purpose of the Free Signature Offer is:
- To build your email list
- To start communicating with potential clients
- To get more sales
- And to ultimately, grow your business
Recently, I put together my own free signature offer “Complete Guide to Scaling Your Coaching Practice.” Using my offer and the ones above as examples, there are several important elements to consider when deciding what you will give away.
- Who is your target market? In most of the examples I have given, it is clear who the free offer is targeting. (i.e. business owners, people trying to get corporate clients, coaches)
- What is your target market’s pain points or desires? Tapping into either works to attract interest. These sample free offers address a business owner’s desire to grow their business and make more money.
- How will your free offer help solve their problem? The giveaway must provide value to your potential client. Otherwise, there is no point in giving away their email address. Your client wants you to give them something they don’t know – a solution to a problem they are struggling with.
- What headline will grab their attention? The headline is important, and you may have to test a few different ones to see which one works best. Don’t be afraid to be bold and outrageous. Tap into your potential clients’ emotions.
- Which format will work best for you and your clients? There are many different types of signature offers. Choose a format that fits your style, but also take into consideration what your client may enjoy as well. A busy entrepreneur is not going to want a long report they have to read. They might do better with a podcast or a short video series.
- What is your message after they download your free signature offer? This piece is the most important. It is the “behind the scenes” series of messages your potential client receives after he/she signs up. You have their attention so don’t lose the momentum. Keep the lines of communication open and start to build that know-like-trust factor with your new prospects.
Here are 10 different ideas you can use to craft your free signature offer…
- A 2-3-page report that gives them information on solving their problem
- A planning guide that will allow them to act on their goals
- A short video series that will teach them some key concepts and showcase your personality
- A podcast interviewing an expert in their market
- A beautifully designed infographic giving them a big picture look at an idea
- A pre-recorded master class on a subject that is important to them
- An assessment they can take to measure where they’re at today
- A series of templates that would be useful to them
- A checklist to help them organize information for a project
- An online e-course to help them master a new skill
If you want to grow your client base and use internet marketing as a means to grow your business, you must have a free signature offer. Having prospects on your list and regularly communicating with them is a great way to build a relationship. Although it’s still good to organically grow your business by networking and meeting new people, the value is in your marketing list. And nothing will grow your marketing list faster than a free signature offer.
Need some help crafting your free signature offer? Amazing OBM works with coaches and therapists looking to scale their 6-figure business to new heights. We are a full-service business management company specializing in the areas of operations, marketing, client management, and finances. Contact us for more information on our services.
10 Free Signature Offers that will Grab Your Prospects’ Attention
September 25, 2018